It's still winter, but the Sixteenth Annual Baltimore Kinetic Sculpture Race is Saturday, May 2--in 13 weeks! This much fun doesn't happen by itself--it relies many volunteers, including YOU. Volunteers should come to one of these meetings:
- Wednesday, April 15 from 6:30 to 8:30pm
- Saturday, April 25 from noon to 2pm (revised time!)
For the latest info about volunteering (or if you know someone else who should join this list) visit:
where there's an email link if you have questions.
Here's what volunteers look like--start planning what you'll wear!
Read the Volunteer & Spectator Forum here:
There are many ways to volunteer! Most are during the race, but others can be completed in the preceding days, or early Saturday before the race. We need eager volunteers for:
- Engaging the crowd and answering questions
- Marking the race course to tell racers where to turn
- Being Kinetic Medics (speak up if you have medical expertise!)
- Cleaning sea debris from the Canton ramp
- Serving on the Marine Posse (if have a kayak, tell one of the meeting organizers!)
- Creating and managing the mud and sand pits
- Inspecting sculptures at the safety check
- Preparing signs & finish line banners
- Holding those very banners at the finish line
- Protecting and Serving as Kinetic Kops
See you at April's volunteer meetings, and at the race May 2!