Spring is coming, the pandemic seems to be receding, and the 2022 Baltimore Kinetic Sculpture Race is 9 weeks from today! Plan to be in Baltimore on Saturday, May 7!
This glorious day doesn't happen by itself; the race needs many brave, determined volunteers, people just like YOU. You should come to one of these two volunteer events:
- Saturday, April 16 from 10am to noon
- Wednesday, April 27 from 6:30 to 8:30pm
For more info about volunteering visit:
and send any questions to Mavet Rosa at email@example.com
ARE YOU A KAYAK-BASED PHOTOGRAPHER? KineticBaltimore.com is looking for a kayaking photographer to capture the excitement at Canton from the water. We need someone ready for whatever challenges arise that day, and experienced at taking great photos. We're all volunteers and do it for the love of the race. If you have a kayak available and are interested, please reply with a few sample images (preferably taken on the water), whether you have a suitable camera or need us to lend you one, and a briefly tell us why you'd be a great member of our team. If you're a skilled kayaker with a stable 2-seater interested in hosting one of our photographers on the water, that may work too.
There are many ways to volunteer. Most are during the race, but you can also help prepare days in advance or early Saturday morning. We need eager volunteers for:
- Marking the race course so racers don't get lost
- Being Kinetic Medics (especially if you have medical expertise)
- Engaging the crowd and answering questions
- Building & operating the mud and sand pits
- Clearing tidal debris at the Canton water entry
- Holding finish line banners for racers to crash through
- Serving on the Marine Posse (if have a kayak and know how to use it)
- Inspecting sculptures for safety checks
- Protecting and Serving as Kinetic Kops
The 2022 theme is TIME WARP, check out the poster at https://kineticbaltimore.com/
See you at the race SATURDAY MAY 7!
Volunteer Webmaster, KineticBaltimore.com