UK OK

Kinetic Sculpture Races in other cities and countries.
paulfellows

UK OK

Post by paulfellows »

UK OK
I don’t like being pushy but, I want to get some leaflets out inviting the people of Teesside to join a KSR race. And I really want to use your forum as a safe place to discus courses times etc. I will be using as a suggested source of technical info, all I need is a simple YES we can use your site until we get up and running.
paulfellows

Re: UK OK

Post by paulfellows »

Here in the UK we do not have the same terrain as in the US. As well as the sand mud and water, we have; canals, disused train lines, anchant drove ways, granite moors, peat moors, heather moors, bogs, marshes, forests, green belt and other. I would suggest that anyone setting up a ksr in another part of the UK should use what they have got.

For the Teesside race I am thinking, races on successive Sundays.
Redcar beach to south gare. South gare to Paddy’s hole though the mud. then back along the track stopping before the bridge near Warrenby.

For the river race I think join the river near the pipe bridge at Ingleby Barwick [a to z 127 f 2]. finishing at Stockton river side car park.

Eston Moor will provide a real heather moor challenge. Starting at the old shaft mine (ghost town) [a to z 106 c 4] get into the water of Dunsdale Beck and head towards the teeslink path [a-z 106 b 4] before turning and heading directly to Eston Nab [a-z 106 b 2] then back along the track to the start.
If anyone as changes or additions or can see any problems that I have overlooked let us know.

Remember this race belongs to anyone who might take part in it, so if you can make it better please do.
paulfellows

Post by paulfellows »

Hi my name is Paul Fellows. I am trying to get ksr started on Teesside. I am just getting started on my vehicle “English Eccentrics Electric Sheep.” this will have a Snelson style chassis and an eccentric axle for power.
If you are on Teesside and need a bit of help getting started, let me know, and I will do what I can.
first don’t be daunted by the fantastic vehicles on the main Kinetic Baltimore page, these have been years in the making. you will be racing against people who are starting now.
Second read ElliotNaess BuildaKinetic. Its about here somewhere.
Tom
Site Admin

Post by Tom »

Yes! You are more than welcome to use this site to sow Kinetic seeds in the UK.

-Tom
-Tom Jones
Kinetic Seer
http://www.KineticBaltimore.com/
paulfellows

Post by paulfellows »

thank you Tom.
could i ask you if it can be done without to much trouble could you move most of my posts down into the other races, not the "just a thought" it is in its propper place
paulfellows

Post by paulfellows »

the sheep is dead!
i need to make something i can have up and running by the 21 of march.
Stockton council are going to launch the high street, and i would like to be seen there.
paulfellows

Post by paulfellows »

work on the strandbeest clone is proceding slowly
acanais92

Post by acanais92 »

paulfellows wrote: 16 Feb 2015, 1:15 pm Hi my name is Paul Fellows. I am trying to get ksr started on Teesside. I am just getting started on my vehicle “English Eccentrics Electric Sheep.” this will have a Snelson style chassis and an eccentric axle for power.
If you are on Teesside and need a bit of help getting started assurances obsèques, let me know, and I will do what I can.
first don’t be daunted by the fantastic vehicles on the main Kinetic Baltimore page, these have been years in the making. you will be racing against people who are starting now.
Second read ElliotNaess BuildaKinetic. Its about here somewhere.
Well, we can say that you're not the type to chew your words when talking about cars, is not it.