2011 Kinetic Grand Championship

The Humboldt County experience
Tom
Site Admin

2011 Kinetic Grand Championship

Post by Tom »

Welcome, Humboldt Kinetic enthusisasts! Everyone interested in the Arcata-Ferndale race is welcome to post here. The 2011 race will be May 28-30. For authoritative information, see http://kineticgrandchampionship.com/
-Tom Jones
Kinetic Seer
http://www.KineticBaltimore.com/
Elliot

Re: 2011 Kinetic Grand Championship

Post by Elliot »

So... what's this rumor that the Arcata-to-Ferndale race will not be held in 2011? Not to worry! The race will be held as usual. Rumor of the death of the race is a normal ritual that certain persons initiate ever year. It's just part of the excitement. Call it tradition. The newspapers love it because it gives them something to write about. I personally suspect that even the race organizers don't mind too terribly much, since it gives the race publicity -- and as we know, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Hopefully I have cut any misunderstanding off at the pass. When the Noon whistle blows on the Plaza, we race. Every year, yes.

For The Glory!
nymedic881

Post by nymedic881 »

That would just be my luck Elliot,here I am giving my self major cuts bruses and brain damage trying to build an entry and they cancel the race..lol,we all know if it's something good,Wholesome and fun the Evil naysayers come out in force because they can't handle laughter or adults having fun,well poo poo on them we are in it for the fun and FOR THE GLORY....we miss you Hobart!!
Elliot

Post by Elliot »

:D
Not to worry. It is usually about the legal details, such as the traditional name of the race -- Kinetic Sculpture Race -- which is a registered trademark owned by the Browns. That's why the race is now called the Kinetic Grand Championship -- end of problem. But something like that seems to crop up every year, as if by cherished tradition. Then, when the Noon whistle blows on the Plaza, we race.

Something strange happened with the Noon whistle this year, however. Some prankster blew a loud horn -- perhaps one of those hand-held air horns that boaters use -- a couple of minutes before Noon, and the racers started! Most were up to speed, circling the Plaza, when I heard the real Noon whistle -- on the roof of the fire station -- blow.

The race was a great success. As with last year, several new entries showed up, and the total number of entries was up around 45. This is headed in the right direction! :D